Warranty for Refurbished Phones: What’s Covered and What’s Not
At Used Mobiles 4 U, we take pride in offering high-quality refurbished phones to our customers. We understand that purchasing a pre-owned device can be a bit daunting, which is why we provide a comprehensive warranty to ensure your peace of mind. In this blog post, we will discuss what is covered in our warranty and what is not, so you can make an informed decision when purchasing a refurbished iPhone from us.
When you purchase a refurbished iPhone from Used Mobiles 4 U, it comes with a warranty period of 1 year from the date of purchase. They also come with a 30-day return policy where your product is eligible to be returned and refunded if you find any faults. If you report a fault or damage after this 30-day period, we will not be able to accept returns but we will either repair or replace it within the warranty period.
Covered Defects and Faults
During the warranty period, your refurbished iPhone is covered against defects in materials and workmanship, as long as it is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s user manual, technical specifications, and any other guidance provided. If your device experiences any defect or fault during this period, we will repair or replace it at our discretion. Please note that you will not be able to choose whether your phone is repaired or replaced.
Exclusions to the Warranty
While our warranty provides extensive coverage, there are certain situations where you will not be able to benefit from it. These include:
- Accidental or willful damage: If the operational behaviour of the phone has been damaged due to accidental or willful impacts or liquid damage, the warranty will not cover it.
- Incorrect product identification: If you have purchased a product that is different from the one identified by its IMEI, you will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
- Non-authorised software: If you have installed non-authorised, malicious, or beta software on your phone, the warranty will not apply.
Accessories and Software
It’s important to note that our warranty only covers the iPhone itself and does not extend to any accessories that came with it, such as the charger or headphones. Additionally, the warranty does not cover any software installed on the phone, as software licenses are subject to separate agreements with the software developer.
Repair or Replacement
If we determine that your iPhone has a fault or defect covered by the warranty, we will either repair it using new or used parts that are equivalent in functionality and performance, or replace it with a pre-owned iPhone of at least equal quality and functionality. Please be aware that system or software updates may be installed on the repaired or replacement device, and you will not be able to revert to an earlier version once this has been done.
Responsibilities and Limitations
If your repaired or replaced iPhone requires the reinstallation of software programs, data, and information, it will be your responsibility to do so. However, please keep in mind that some apps may not be compatible with the system or software update, and we will not be liable for any inability to reload certain apps onto the device.
In the case of a replacement iPhone, the original device will be retained by us, and you will not be entitled to request its return. Any remaining time on your 12-month warranty will be transferred to the replacement device. If there is less than 3 months remaining on the warranty, we will extend it to provide you with a 3-month warranty on the replacement device.
Limitations of the Warranty
It’s important to understand that our warranty only covers defects and faults related to the materials used or our workmanship. This means that you cannot claim under the warranty for the following situations:
- Damage caused by mishandling, misuse, neglect, negligence, tampering, or unauthorised adjustments, including jailbreaking or the installation of non-authorised, malicious, or beta software.
- Accidental damage or damage caused by events outside of our control, such as liquid or fire damage.
- Use of the iPhone contrary to the manufacturer’s user manuals, technical specifications, or guidance.
- Damage caused by third parties or yourself during any work carried out on the device without prior authorisation from us or the manufacturer. Opening the device or attempting repairs or replacements yourself will void the warranty.
- Damage due to normal wear and tear or the natural ageing of the iPhone.
- Cosmetic damage, including dents, scratches, chips, cracks, or snaps on external plastic or ports.
- Damage to the protective coating of the iPhone, which is designed to diminish over time.
- Damage caused by using the iPhone with any other product, such as phone speakers.
- Loss or theft of the iPhone, as well as any loss or damage to data on the device.
- Removal of the serial number or if we have reason to believe the iPhone is stolen based on information from law enforcement authorities.
How to Claim on Your Warranty
If you believe your iPhone is experiencing a defect or fault covered by our warranty, you can easily initiate a claim by visiting the returns section on our website (click here). Follow the provided process to submit your claim and provide any necessary information.
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the issue and your purchase information.